Sub Menu
Suche

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Connection Checker

BeitragAuthor: taz » Mi 7. Jan 2009, 13:42

Hi,

Since all (I think) modders that applied feature are here - I think it's bets discussed here (please English).

Few words after doing lots (!) of homework on subject :

Raw socket usage on newer Windows versions requires admin rights (sometimes, I think Vista x64, even administrator and just a member of administrator group).
ICMP - on newer Windows versions IcmpSendEcho return with none zero (or in Ping.cpp code == 1) is sufficient looking at status field will cause undesired (and not accurate failure) due to access rights (probably again due to undocumented MS changes).

If one (user) is to use this feature I suggest at least one manual run of ping against the return address that browser shows when checkip.dyndns.org (or whatismyip.com) for gettinng a reasonable TTL value.

I suggest also to increment TTL range on mod options ...

Another issue that needs further thinking is of NATed clients when the ping will fail, however client is connected. Pinging another ip (or hostname) might do the trick - however pinging the same ip (host) might cause it to fail if feature will become popular (just for the test I've changed strPing at CConnChecker::PassivePing to L"checkip.dyndns.org".

BTW: when trying with RunAsUnprivilegedUser it seems that LoadCats is not freeing mem on the change (and that VS fails to debug newly called eMule).

My suggested changes will be available shortly on next SharkX posted beta SRC.
SharkX modder - less " free meals" only a CLICK away !
Requests for additional / changed features HERE Next version changelog
taz
Stammgast

Zurück zu Entwicklung