Sub Menu
Suche

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Innocent until Client Analyzer proves them leecher

BeitragAuthor: Tuxman » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 05:58

That's your philosophy, not mine. . .

Wrong. It is the network's philosophy of equality.

That's quite funny because they haven't done any harm to you yet.

The only thing they can do to me is a harm.

Check StulleMule, it's has both options of "ban" and "reduce score". I don't like banning as well. Reducing score is better of course.

Banning and reducing score beforehand, without any given reason, this is the difference.
Ein intelligenter Mensch ist manchmal gezwungen, sich zu betrinken, um Zeit mit Narren zu verbringen.
(E. Hemingway)
Tuxman
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: omeringen » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 06:08

[url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=86820]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]
That's your philosophy, not mine. . .

Wrong. It is the network's philosophy of equality.

What equality ? They are not equal with clean clients. You know community and some of the bad features are forbidden and not good for the network.

That's quite funny because they haven't done any harm to you yet.

The only thing they can do to me is a harm.

Where is the equality you're talking about ? I thought you're fine about beign leeched.
  • [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=86816]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]
    Let's imagine that we are not downloading anything at all. Just sharing/uploading always.

What is your problem with being leeched then if this is exactly what you want?
    . . .

Is there any reason to send data to bad(community mods or any other kind of leechers) clients ? What will they do with the data they leeched from us ? Sharing with thier kind of clients, or not sharing with anybody. . .

Isn't it better to upload data to clean clients ? They will probably share them with all the clients. That's better for network. . .
    Be honest please.
Check StulleMule, it's has both options of "ban" and "reduce score". I don't like banning as well. Reducing score is better of course.

Banning and reducing score beforehand, without any given reason, this is the difference.

Yes, so tell me why do you reducing score of some of the clients without any given reason ?

Don't you have any comments about my previous answers ?
omeringen
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: Tuxman » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 06:18

What equality ? They are not equal with clean clients. You know community and some of the bad features are forbidden and not good for the network.

Using leecher features is forbidden, using leecher mods without their leecher functions is not. You constantly seem to mix that up.
Keep that in mind before asking the same question again. Bild

Is there any reason to send data to bad(community mods or any other kind of leechers) clients ?

Yep: eMule is about file sharing, not file trading. If you can share a file, share it and don't care about who actually wants it! This is what makes eD2K/Kad still the largest file database.
File trading (the AJ attitude) would represent the BT approach of sharing as little as necessary, so it hurts basic network rules; which is a fact that doesn't have to be accepted, right?

Yes, so tell me why do you reducing score of some of the clients without any given reason ?

The given reason is that they hurt the "file sharing, not file trading" thing.
Ein intelligenter Mensch ist manchmal gezwungen, sich zu betrinken, um Zeit mit Narren zu verbringen.
(E. Hemingway)
Tuxman
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: omeringen » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 06:26

[url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=86822]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]

Using leecher features is forbidden, using leecher mods without their leecher functions is not. You constantly seem to mix that up.
Keep that in mind before asking the same question again. Bild

How ? Let's talk about fincan mod. It's a community mod, and you can't turn this feature off. You're detecting AJs and some other GPL breakers but not fincan. It's just an example, there is lots of similar bad mods around.
Is there any reason to send data to bad(community mods or any other kind of leechers) clients ?

Yep: It is file sharing, not file trading.

So, stop detecting some of the bad clients and share your files with everyone.
  • You should not want to punish someone who didn't do you any harm! What for?

The given reason is that they hurt the "file sharing, not file trading" thing.

Only some of them are hurting the file sharing ? Dude, there is hundreds of clients which hurts the file sharing. . . You're ignoring them and just picking only some of them.
omeringen
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: Tuxman » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 06:41

How ? Let's talk about fincan mod. It's a community mod, and you can't turn this feature off. You're detecting AJs and some other GPL breakers but not fincan.
Only some of them are hurting the file sharing ? Dude, there is hundreds of clients which hurts the file sharing. . . You're ignoring them and just picking only some of them.

"Dude", and you think, that your beloved DLP will ban every leecher of the world? A leecher mod which is detectable via string detection is not a good one. That's why the CA works the way it works, "dude".
There is no - and will never be! - complete list of leecher mods with a unique way to detect them.

That's what I said. However, please add "... who does the same to you".
(E. Hemingway)
Tuxman
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: omeringen » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 06:48

[url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=86824]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]
How ? Let's talk about fincan mod. It's a community mod, and you can't turn this feature off. You're detecting AJs and some other GPL breakers but not fincan.

"Dude", and you think, that your beloved DLP will ban every leecher of the world? A leecher mod which is detectable via string detection is not a good one. That's why the CA works the way it works, "dude".
There is no - and will never be! - complete list of leecher mods with a unique way to detect them.

Has anybody told that dLp will detect all the leechers of the world ? And i can't see any answer to my questions.

[url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=86824]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]

That's what I said. However, please add "... who does the same to you".

Pardon me ? That's not what you said. Please read the previous answers.
omeringen
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: Tuxman » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 06:57

Has anybody told that dLp will detect all the leechers of the world ?

Your main problem with the CA was that it doesn't ban anything that "looks like something evil". So I presume so.
Or why do you want to use a system that uses both the CA and the DLP if you think that both can't actually provide a good solution for you?

And i can't see any answer to my questions.

Well, I can.

That's not what you said.

As I quoted you, it probably was.
(E. Hemingway)
Tuxman
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: omeringen » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 07:03

You're acting like a child here(like i expected). . . You're not actually reading what the others wrote and pretending like you already answered questions. Interesting, no need to talk with you anymore. Be happy. . .
omeringen
Hat den Dreh raus

BeitragAuthor: Tuxman » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 07:08

You're acting like a child here(like i expected).

Personal attacks are not the actual way to answer my questions.

Funny, though: Answering your questions leads to being ignored. I don't think this will have any useful results. Maybe you'll come back later and try to read what I actually wrote before playing Rumpelstiltskin here.
I guess you just misunderstood me. However, I can't see a reason to call me a child just because of that.

Bild

If you still think it is "not needed to talk with me anymore" just because you are not willing to read and/or to understand what anyone writes and continue your obstinacy instead of actually answering questions yourself, I strongly doubt anyone else here will be able (or even willing) to help you.

Ga, ga and good night,
- the child.
(E. Hemingway)
Tuxman
Forenlegende

BeitragAuthor: Bebabob » Sa 28. Nov 2009, 09:15

Thanks guys for your contribution to the topic.

My point was to explore the possibility of punishing the leechers detected by Client Analyzer even further so that new clients have a higher chance of receiving data instead of leechers who might have the advantage of longer waiting times.

Bebabob
Frischling

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Entwicklung